Total Time: 33 Minutes
Prep: 5 Minutes
Cook: 28 Minutes
Yield: 10 Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used a 4oz container)
- 2 tbsp butter (or non-dairy buttery spread), melted and cooled
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Cherry De-Lite dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/3 cup blanched sliced almonds, plus more for topping
Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with silicone muffin liners.
In a large bowl, whisk together almond milk, applesauce, melted butter, and almond extract.
Add oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, tart cherries, and almonds. Stir until just combined.
Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling to the top. Sprinkle slivered almonds on top of each muffin.
Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean. Store cooled oatmeal cups in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. They freeze well!
Recipe courtesy of Alexis Joseph, Hummusapien.com