- 12 oz shelled cooked crab
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/4 cups panko or fine dried bread crumbs
- Cherry Horseradish Aioli (recipe below)
- Fresh chives (cut in 1 inch strips)
- Sort through crab meat and discard any bits of shell.
- In a large bowl combine celery, minced chives, mayonnaise, egg, mustard and sauce; mix well with a fork. Add crab and 1/4 cup panko; stir gently just to mix.
- Put remaining 1 cup panko in a shallow bowl. Shape crab mixture into 24 cakes, each about 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. Turn each cake in panko to coat all sides, pressing gently to make crumbs adhere. Place cakes slightly apart in an oiled 12 by 17 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 475° regular or convection oven until golden brown, about 15 to 18 minutes. With a spatula, transfer crab cakes to a platter. Spoon a dollop of Cherry Horseradish Aioli on to each cake and garnish with fresh chives. Serve hot.
To make Cherry Horseradish Aioli: In a small mixing bowl, mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise with 1/4 cup Cherry De-Lite Cherry Horseradish.