Recipe Hack: Buy snickerdoodle cookies, top with vanilla ice cream and a dab of Cherry De-Lite Pie Fill!
Make your own...
1 1/2 Sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 c. plus 1 tbsp. sugar, divided
3 large eggs
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
1 gal. vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
1 27 oz jar Cherry De-Lite Pie Fill
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just incorporated.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon and sugar. Bake until set, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Let cool in pan completely, then cut the sheet cake in half crosswise to make two large rectangles.
- Spread vanilla ice cream onto one half, then place the second half on top to form one large ice cream sandwich.
- Pour Cherry De-Lite cherry pie fill over top of ice cream and spread evenly.
- Freeze until the ice cream is firm, about 2 hours, then slice into squares. Serve immediately.