Posted by Country Ovens, Ltd. | Cherry De-Lite on Sep 20th 2021
- 6 (8-inch) soft flour tortillas
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups Cherry De-Lite Pie Fill
- vegetable oil-for frying
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract .
- Divide the mixture evenly between 6 tortillas and slather in the lower third of each tortilla.
- Add ¼ cup Cherry De-Lite Pie Fill onto each tortilla in the center of cream cheese.
- Fold sides of each tortilla toward the center and then roll up the tortilla tight like a burrito (secure it with a toothpick!).
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Line a large plate with paper towels, set aside.
- In 5 inch deep saucepan place about 2 -2 1/2 inch vegetable oil and heat it over medium-high heat
- Working in batches fry the chimichangas until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes and flip them as needed.
- Transfer fried chimichangas onto paper towel lined plate to drain for a minute, then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Remove toothpicks from the chimichangas before serving!