- 2 Cups wild rice blend, rinsed until water runs clear and drained
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 5 inner stalks celery, cut into 1/4" pieces, plus 1/4 cup leaves, for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup Cherry De-Lite Dried cherries, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped parsley, plus 1/4 cup leaves, for garnish
- 2 tbsp. minced thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon
The woodsy flavor of multi-textured wild rice is spiked with crunchy celery and Cherry De-Lite dried cherries in this easy-to-make yet novel side dish.
Bring 12 cups water to a boil in a 6-qt. saucepan. Stir in rice and return to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Strain rice in a fine-mesh sieve; let drain for 10 seconds, and then return to pan. Cover pan and let rice steam, off the heat, for 10 minutes. Transfer rice to a bowl and fluff with a fork; cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
STEP 2Wipe saucepan clean and add butter; melt over medium-high. Add chopped celery, garlic, and onion; cook until golden, 10–12 minutes. Add stock and dried cherries; simmer until liquid is evaporated, 2–3 minutes. Stir in reserved rice, the chopped parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper, and transfer to a serving platter. Grate lemon zest over the top; garnish with celery and parsley leaves.
Reshared from Saveur.com