If you’re in need of a vibrant, crunchy slaw (in a super-tasty dressing!), but really don’t want to spend a ton of time finely shredding a bunch of produce, this is it. It’s packed with crunchy smoked almonds and tart dried cherries and tossed in a dressing made entirely from pantry staples. And, best of all, it can hang out on your table for an hour or two without wilting.
It’s now easy to find bagged cruciferous slaw blends, usually a blend of leafy greens, shredded Brussels sprouts or broccoli, and cabbage or chicories, so take full advantage of the convenience.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard | Use Cherry De-Lite, Mustard as an Alternative
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (about 3/4 bunch)
- 10 ounces cruciferous slaw mix, such as a blend of kale, Brussels sprouts or broccoli, and radicchio (about 10 packed cups)
- 1 cup smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Cherry De-Lite Dried Cherries, coarsely chopped
- Place the vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the scallions and stir to combine. Let sit at least 10 minutes for the flavors to meld. Add the slaw mix, almonds, and cherries, and toss to combine.
Make ahead: This slaw can sit out at room temperature for up to 2 hours without wilting, making it a great make-ahead or buffet dish.
Storage: Leftover slaw can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
*Recipe and Photo Reshared from thekitchn.com with revisions with Cherry De-Lite products