Enjoy this sweet bread loaf made using dried cherries and almonds.
- 1 1/2cups boiling water
- 10 oz dried cherries
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 1/2cup powdered sugar
- 1/4teaspoon almond extract
- 1to 2 teaspoons milk
1. In medium bowl, pour boiling water over cherries; let stand 20 minutes. Drain. Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray with flour.
2. In large bowl, beat brown sugar and softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract until mixture is smooth. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in almonds and cherries; mixture will be thick. Spoon into pan.
3. Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and top is dark golden brown. Cool 10 minutes on cooling rack. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan, and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled bread. Wrap tightly; store at room temperature. Cut loaf into 12 slices; cut each slice in half.
**Reshared from Betty Crocker