This cherry pecan muesli recipe will make you look forward to breakfast! It’s made with oats, coconut, pecans, dried cherries, and a touch of maple syrup. Recipe yields about 6 cups muesli, enough for 12 (½-cup) servings.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 ¼ cups chopped raw pecans
- 1 cup large, unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped Cherry De-Lite Dried Cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. For easy cleanup, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, pecans, coconut, salt and cinnamon. Pour in the maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract and mix well. Don’t add the dried cherries yet; we’re saving those for later.
- Pour the mixture onto your baking sheet and bake until the oats and coconut flakes are lightly golden and fragrant, tossing halfway, about 13 to 15 minutes. Let the muesli cool to room temperature and stir in the dried cherries.
- Store cooled muesli in a freezer-safe bag with the air squeezed out. It will keep well at room temperature for about 1 month, but keeps best in the freezer (no defrosting necessary; just let your bowl of frozen muesli and milk rest for a few minutes before eating).
Reshared from CookieandKate Blog