Cereal Bars with Dried Cherries, Almonds and Coconut
Posted by *Recipe from Completely Delicious with Revisions on Apr 27th 2023
These healthier no-bake cereal bars packed with good stuff like dried cherries, unsweetened coconut, sliced almonds, honey, and almond butter make the best after-school or afternoon snack!
- 4 cups crispy rice or puffed cereal
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Cherry De-Lite Dried Cherries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shaved or flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup almond butter or peanut butter, not natural-style
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ - ½ cup chocolate chunks , optional
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine honey, coconut oil or butter, and sugar. Bring to a boil and let boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in almond or peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Press into a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan. If desired, press chocolate chops into the top of the bars.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- I like to use a combination of cereal. I used 2 cups crispy rice cereal and 2 cups Kashi seven grain puffs cereal, but you can use all crispy rice or all puffed cereal if you'd like.
- Natural-style almond and peanut butters will prevent these bars from firming up. For best results, use a no-stir option.