Pre-heat oven to 350°
- 12 oz French baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes, about 5 cups
- 8 oz package cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 1 27 oz Cherry De-Lite Pie Fill
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup maple syrup (the real stuff!)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Spray an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place half of the bread on the bottom of the dish.
- Place the cream cheese cubes on top of the bread.
- Spoon half of the cherry pie filling on top of the cream cheese.
- Top with the remaining half of the bread cubes.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients (eggs, milk, half and half, syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla).
- Pour over the top of the bread layer.
- Spoon the remaining pie filling over the top and cover with foil.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Let french toast sit while the oven is preheating, allowing the bread to absorb some of the egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes covered. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving with additional cherry syrup if desired.