There are no products listed under this category.
Studies on tart cherry juice and exercise:
• Montmorency cherry juice reduces muscle damage caused by intensive strength exercise - Montmorency cherry juice consumption improved the recovery of isometric muscle strength after intensive exercise perhaps owing to the attenuation of the oxidative damage induced by the damaging exercise. Read the full study
• Influence of tart cherry juice on indices of recovery following marathon running - This investigation determined the efficacy of a tart cherry juice in aiding recovery and reducing muscle damage, inflammation and oxidative stress. Twenty recreational Marathon runners... read the full study
• Influence of a montmorency cherry juice blend on indices of exercise-induced stress and upper respiratory tract symptoms following marathon running--a pilot investigation - Prolonged exercise, such as marathon running, has been associated with an increase in respiratory mucosal inflammation. The aim of this pilot study was to examine the effects of Montmorency cherry juice on markers of stress, immunity and inflammation following a Marathon. Read the full study
• Efficacy of a tart cherry juice blend in preventing the symptoms of muscle damage - These data show efficacy for this cherry juice in decreasing some of the symptoms of exercise induced muscle damage. Most notably, strength loss averaged over the four days after eccentric exercise was 22% with the placebo but only 4% with the cherry juice. Read the full study
• Efficacy of tart cherry juice in reducing muscle pain during running: a randomized controlled trial - Ingesting tart cherry juice for 7 days prior to and during a strenuous running event can minimize post-run muscle pain. Read the full study